While the holidays have a reputation as “the most wonderful time of the year,” Beall Brewery Insurance points out that it can be a difficult time of year–a season when depression spikes and the holiday blues become commonplace.
It may be a good idea to remind brewery staff how to identify guests who have had too much to drink. Drinking is a common method for dealing with the holiday blues.
But it’s also a good idea for brewery administration to remind workers how they can manage their own holiday-related stress (one of the most common reasons for employee absence). These tips are a great place to start.
Beating the Holiday Blues
- Be aware of your stress level. What causes your stress level to rise? What can you do to manage that stressor?
- How do you deal with stress? Brainstorm a list of 3-5 healthy ways you can manage stress. Some ideas include breathing exercises, going for a walk, and visualization exercises.
- If you feel overwhelmed by everything you need to get done, the simple step of writing all those tasks down can go a long way toward making you feel like you’re in control. It will also reduce any anxiety about forgetting a particular task.
- The busier your schedule is, the more important it becomes to maintain healthy practices, such as getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, getting enough exercise, and eating healthfully. This will help you stave off illness and manage your stress better.
- Ask for help if you feel overwhelmed by the tasks you need to do.
Keep a close eye on your staff this holiday season, and be prepared with stress-reducing ideas and activities to help your workers relax—and help them stay healthy and productive. (How about a holiday field trip away from the brewery? Or a workers-only yoga class?)
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.