Forget the gym. Why not work out at your favorite craft brewery?
Seriously: brewery yoga is a fast-growing trend that craft breweries all across the country are adopting. It’s a great way to bring customers in to the brewery during slow times of day. It’s a great way to reach out to health-conscious customers who haven’t come in to the brewery before.
Brewery yoga can be a powerful marketing tool—and for participants, it can be a lot of fun.
If you’re considering jumping on this beer-and-yoga bandwagon, what do you need to know?
Brewery Yoga Pointers
- Identify a competent yoga instructor. Ideally, you will find a certified instructor who is easygoing and accustomed to working with beginner students. He or she will need to be flexible (no pun intended!), since the class will be taking place in an unusual setting and likely include a broad spectrum of student experience.
- Be sure to obtain a certificate of insurance to be named an additional insured on the instructor’s insurance policy.
- You may wish to have students sign a liability waiver before participating in class.
- Many brewery yoga classes offer participants a free beer after the conclusion of class. Be sure you do not offer any beer tasting prior to the start of class.
- Reach out to other breweries that offer yoga instruction, and ask them to share their top tips to ensure participant safety and enjoyment.
- Above all, speak to your insurance agent. Before beginning this program, you must ensure that your brewery has sufficient coverage… in the event that you need it.
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.