Small Business Saturday falls on Nov. 24 this year. And it can be a great marketing opportunity for craft breweries across the country. How will you capitalize on this event?
Small Business Saturday Ideas
- Connect with small businesses in your town or neighborhood. Create a flier or postcard that customers can pick up, listing all the business addresses and specials being offered that day.
- Create specials for Small Business Saturday customers.
- Organize a food festival with the restaurants in your neighborhood.
- Are businesses in your town creating a Small Business Saturday Passport to be stamped at all participating locations? Make sure it includes your brewery.
- Post fliers and information about Small Business Saturday in your tasting room, encouraging your customers to #ShopSmall. Be sure to invite them back to the tasting room for a relaxing craft beer after they finish shopping.
No matter how you decide to celebrate Small Business Saturday, be sure that your business has the protection it needs. A food festival, for instance, may sound like a great idea for your craft brewery. But that doesn’t mean it’s risk free! Check with your insurance agent to see if you need an Event Policy, or if you need to be added to other participants’ general liability policies as an Additional Insured. You may also want to check on your liquor liability and umbrella coverage.
You’ll also want to confirm that your way of participating in Small Business Saturday complies with all local, state, and federal regulations. For instance, you may not be able to pour your beer at a community event. Instead, you may instead decide to distribute coupons. Just be sure you understand exactly what sort of discount or freebie you are legally permitted to offer.
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.