It’s that time of year: Spring Cleaning season is here!
So Beall Brewery Insurance would like to suggest that craft brewers schedule some time for brewery spring cleaning chores this season.
Here are some ideas to help you get started.
Craft Brewery Spring Cleaning
- Have you recently reviewed your brewery insurance policy? Your business may have added new equipment, broadened distribution, hired new staff, or launched new business relationships that may impact the coverage you need. Pull out your policy and give it a read-through, or contact us if you have questions.
- Review your security policies and tactics. You’ll find a checklist here to help you determine if you need to upgrade brewery security.
- Have you established a maintenance schedule for brewery equipment? Have you kept it up-to-date? This is the perfect time to catch up on any maintenance tasks that have been lingering on your to-do list.
- A brewery presents a number of worker safety challenges. If you have added new staff, or it’s been some time since your last safety training, schedule a training session to ensure workers know the proper way to use a forklift, steps for entering enclosed spaces, and other safety procedures.
- Review the chemicals you have on hand at the brewery. Are they all marked correctly? Are they all stored correctly? A little bit of time checking up on your chemical storage procedures could pay big dividends in worker safety.
- Is there a need for a refresher course on liquor liability issues? If your brewery is found to serve underage patrons, or a guest overimbibes and ends up in a motor vehicle crash or other incident, the cost to your brewery could be tremendous.
- Are there areas of the brewery that have not been thoroughly cleaned in a while? Protect your brewery from mold outbreaks, fireballs, and other issues by ensuring that every part of the brewery is clean.
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.