Tis the season. What does your brewery have planned to capitalize on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and Giving Tuesday?
These particular days can be a big boost to your bottom line. They can even help you build stronger relationships with new and current customers. A few things to consider as we head into the season of spending:
Holiday Promotion Ideas
- Modifying hours of operation for the post-Thanksgiving shopping orgy. What if you opened at 8 am on Black Friday? Then early-morning shoppers could grab a breakfast stout or some other brew while they’re out and about. What if you stayed open later on Giving Tuesday? That would give customers more time to support whatever organization or cause you’re focusing on.
- Offering a special release on any (or all!) of these days.
- Partnering with another brewery or some other organization. Consider creating a collaboration brew, offering a unique giveaway, or raising funds to benefit a worthy cause.
- Giving customers a little more than they bargain for. For instance, buy 4 crowlers and get a free T-shirt. Or get or a free taster glass with every purchase of $20 or more. (Be sure you are fully aware of the federal, state, and local regulations that pertain to your brewery as you develop your promotion.)
- Customize promotions for different audiences. You could have an extra giveaway or discount for new registrants on your website who are making a Cyber Monday purchase, for instance, or a bonus giveaway for customers who show up at the bar wearing your brewery’s swag.
- Promote early! Post signage in the brewery, email your contacts, post on social media, and contact your local bloggers and print publications to see if you can get some additional publicity for your special hours, special offering, or special event.
- Stay safe. Make sure your staff is alert and following all your liquor liability prevention policies and procedures. Watch for customers who need to be cut off. If you are going to open early or stay open late, inspect your outdoor lighting to make sure customers won’t be stumbling in the dark.
- Have fun! The holidays are just kicking off!
For more than 25 years, Beall Financial and Insurance Services, Inc., has been helping corporations and individuals protect their most important assets. The agency’s client base covers a spectrum of niche businesses, such as craft breweries, that require specialized insurance packages and knowledge. With California offices in Redlands and Newport Beach, Beall Financial and Insurance Services serves clients nationwide.